Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was in a hurry,he needs to know today if i want it,and i am sure as you said,its GOLD for that price and no one would want to
miss out on it if it fits.I wasnt even a board user till today and registered today.So sorry if i skipped some ares of profile.Ill get to it
later when i have time.This guy lives four hours away and i have to go today if i want it.
You said they also had a 231,did they have a 231 select trac in a automatic too? or was all the 231's command tracs and in
manual transmission models?Or was there a command trac in auto's too?
And by same token,what about the 242 was it select trac only and only in automatics?Or was there command trac 231's put in
automatics as well? It is so confusing,i get different anwers everywhere i go.And guys said here would be best source of a accurate answer

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif The upper grade model XJs came with Select-Trac 242s in the automatics, but also had NP231s. I have seen them both ways. So when I open the door to an XJ, I never know what to expect. For 35 bucks and a four-hour drive, how can you go wrong? Even if it is a 231, you can always trade it for SOMETHING that would be worth a heck of a lot more than 35 skins. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Can you get a peek at the donor vehicle? Look for 4WD GREEN on the quadrant, and another spot showing FWD yellow....or call the guy so he can check for you??? /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif The 242 is Select-Trac, the 231 is Command-Trac. They both come bolted to automatics. The new TJ and the YJ only come with 231 cases, and are helpless in snow, whereas the 242 is superior in snow with the center unlocked.

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave,sorry about all the "un" answers i gave,or didnt give... So,i think long story short,going for a drive...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.