Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any knowledge on fiberglass bodies manufactured by Eagle Equipment in Ohio?
They advertise in 4Wheel&off-road magizine.
I have used 4WD Hardware bodies over the last 18 years but want to see my options before purchasing my CJ8 body,after talking to the people at Eagle I liked what i heard.
I live within 2 hours of them so i plan on making the trip next week.but would still like the opinion of someone who has used their bodies.
Yes i have looked into the other manufactures (AJ's, Shell,Malotte,U.S Body source,and
Quadratec(shell)) either they dont offer what i want or they dont make an 8 body

JF1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've seen their CJ-7 bodies and heard the sales pitch at the PA Jeeps show this past summer. At the time, they didn't have a CJ-8 body, but were working on one or considering making one(don't remember which).
What they do that seems good is pump resin between the inner and outer fiberglass layers, so it's essentially a solid fiberglass body. If you want to mount one of the softtops that uses rails, I think you can just put the screws right into the body, no need to use a nutsert or something like that.
The CJ-7 bodies looked nice anyway
Bye
Bruce
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4994 <-brother's CJ-8 page

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did you feel the Quality was like comparing to a 4WD or AJ's ?
I spoke with them the other day and will be receiving information on the 5&7's.
And am planning a trip to see them first hand next week.
I was told by them that they will be manufacturing the 8's in the near future.
Thanks

JF1

·
Registered
630 Posts
I don't know about their bodies, I bought 4WD Hardware's, but I was dissappointed that they sent me their catalog which showed prices better than Rosser's and 4WD Hardware's, but after I placed my order they charged me as much or more than the other guys. I think that's bad business.

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't say I ever heard a sales pitch on AJ's or 4WDH, or every paid much attention to the quality (more like the though, ohhh, fiberlgass tub on that one)
The sales pitch by Eagle was very good though. Brought up lots of good points on them. AJ's don't make a CJ-8 tub, do they?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those bodies I think are close to $3000 (without packing/freight, which would be a few hundred I'd think)
Never heard of anyone on the net buying one of those. I'd hate to be the first and then find the quality sucks. not saying it does, but for $3000, that's a big risk to take.
Maybe the bodies are really good. Anyone buy one?
I personally think the Scrambler prices at Collins are WAY to high.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not willing to take a gamble with that much money without seeing one!
I still have my first jeep that i put a fiberglass body on 18 years ago ,and it is still going strong!
Not knowing the quality of the steel that is used ,and living in a area that rust is thriving makes me nervous and leary of trying one.

JF1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.