Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
no. There were some stock steel tops made for cj5's they are few and far between now and only fr the older body i think. The cj7 is 10" longer than a cj5. I guess there are some aftermarket co. making them but i don't know any. Some people make their own but i don't know how.

·
Registered
499 Posts
72 and up cj5s are 10 inches shorter then cj7s so the top would be 10 inches too long in the passenger area. The rear area would be the same. 76and up cj5s and cj7s share the same type of top mounting on the windshield. pre 76cjs have a different mounting setup.
you could just cut out and resew the top to remove the 10 inches

G

·
I looked in all my catalogs and all the websites I could think of, but didn't see any hardtops for the CJ5. All I saw was for CJ7 and Wrangler.
Sorry.

Gary

G

·
Maybe you are looking in the wrong places. I have had 3 CJ5s with hardtops. One Willys, the other with 2 Meyers hardtops. I have seen several later CJ5s with them, but usually the owners won't part with them. You have to look at places with colder winters than New Jersey (I believe) for them to be more common.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.