Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blue factory back seat out of my 79 CJ7. it looks ok, pretty faded, nothing the local Wal-Mart or local upholstery shop could not handle. maybe make an offer or soemthing..or just pay shipping, i figure if you want it just do me the favor of writing back to my post whenever.

I enjoy working on friends four wheel drives but especially my own.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
This may be off subject. In Colorado, if you licence your Jeep as a car, it is illegal to remove your rear seat. You can only remove it if you license it as a utility viehicle. I haven't got cought yet, as I tossed mine about 6 years ago.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea how that applies to minivans?

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did not know that. Well here in Florida you can get away with murder. I mean we have a 2 foot bumper law....and lets just say yeah right!!!!!!

I enjoy working on friends four wheel drives but especially my own.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Here in homoland (CA) IF YOUR MINIVAN SEATS OVER NINE PEOPLE YOU MUST HAVE A CLASS 2 BUS DRIVER'S LICENSE. and have a valid medical certificate. That is real hard on Mexicans, who never seem to have fewer than eight kids. You see the tail seats of vans siting all over the place because of that./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
418 Posts
In reply to:

This may be off subject. In Colorado, if you licence your Jeep as a car, it is illegal to remove your rear seat. You can only remove it if you license it as a utility viehicle.
I had a similar hassle in CT when I went to register my postal Jeep, which at the time didn't have a back seatyet -- they told me it had to have back seats or I'd have to register as a truck with "combination" plates, which cost about twice as much. So I told them I was mistaken and it did in fact have back seats, and they gave me passenger plates for it. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

-Dana

There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.