Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that just recently bought a 1980 cj5 and wants to lift it to go deep in the mud. He wants to get the most amount of lift as possible but wants to know what is a good suspension lift for a cj5 to fit atleast 33's and 35's would be even better. thanx guys

·
Registered
725 Posts
I know alot of people don't like ProComp; but I use their 4inch lift and like it. I removed the bottom spring(the small ones), cut the very front spring clamps off(just the front springs), and losend up the remaining clamps. The lift was cheap and has lasted about four years of frequent and abusive wheeling. Without these mods the ride will knock your teeth loose!

Rob

83 CJ5 4.2 t176 300 4.56

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe SOA is a good way to go, cheap if you can do the welding stuff, (i dont) but you may need to relocate shocks, maybe a CV joint driveshaft on the rear, well not maybe, you must...

Take care

Jchio
icq # 18428174
www.alloffroad.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tell him to go with Superlift, he won't be sorry. Pro comp is fine for wheeling, but even after the previously described mods they are rough on the highway. National spring is the best if you can afford it, otherwise use Superlift.

"My other car is a BULLDOZER"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.