Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently doing a big buildup on my TJ and part of it includes competition cutitng the rear, for this I bought Poison Spyder's Competition cut crusher corners. The only problem is the factory tailgate hinges will not work because there will no longer be sheet metal in that area. I could just get smaller hinges that would be installed on the bottom and use the factory tailgate, but i was wondering if I could just buy a CJ tailgate with the "JEEP" stamped on it and use that with the CJ hinges and install it that way. I think it would be nice to have the CJ tailgate, so i was wondering if one of you could give your measurements of your tailgate so i can make sure it will fit, or if you have seen this done before some links or pictures would be nice, thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i must have the wrong forum here..................no CJ's??? Or no tape measure, which one is it.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Just came to read this....

I have 1980 to 1985 CJ's up my butt.... really.... and don't mind taking a few measurements.

It might take a day or so.

Tailgate... OK.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif
Dale

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
no CJ's??? Or no tape measure, which one is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably just a bunch of couch potatos too lazy to get off their duff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The tailgate is 35 1/2" X 16 1/2". The opening is 34" wide.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
SOrry guy.........and thanks Jim.
I read this last night and was going to get up, hit the garage and go measure. Then things went astray with the yardwork as soon as I hit the garage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Needless to say..........I was out working untill almost 11 and forgot totally about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I was out working untill almost 11

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, yeah. I've used that line too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was out working untill almost 11

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, yeah. I've used that line too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chairfall.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chairfall.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif
Dale

1 - 7 of 7 Posts