Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CJ -saginaw Q\'s

Went to go look at a steering box today for my CJ . It's the common Saginaw one . The bottom of it where the steering arm attaches is loose... It wiggles a little from side to side, also causing play in the wheel. The steering arm is snug but its the shaft that it attaches to is loose. Then on top of the box there was a slotted bolt with a tightening nut on it. It looks like some kind of adjuster or something. If it is, can this be adjusted to correct the play on the steer arm shaft???What exactly does it adjust?? Or should I just stay away from this steer box? My instincts say look for one in better condition. Steering is not something I want to take any chances with.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Re: CJ -saginaw Q\'s

Wouldn't happen to know the _correct_ way would you? Everything is tight on my brothers cj7, but the steering tends to "wander" a little.

Caver Dave
'68 Jeepster Wagon
225, 3spd, & road salt A/C
Vintage Jeeps(ters) have Character,
new Jeeps just have payments.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: CJ -saginaw Q\'s

That figures. It was sitting in an old mail jeep. And you know the mileage on those things. Driven all day for 6 days out of the week { something like that}}..
I'll keep looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.