Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
He already has! Collect all his posts on this and the old board and you have your book. And a great read it will be!

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Re: CJD wants a book by LEVE!

The posts that I most save to my homemade Jeep Technical Manual are the ones from Larry Van Every. I never understood fuel injection till he explained it. Open loop...closed loop TPI...CTO...abc...XYZ...etc. Larry needs to write a technical manual for those of us who have HEARD the terms, but don't quite know what and how it all works. LEVE has a gift for making the complex simple, whereas my posts are engineered to entertain while informing. Heh heh. One of these days I might even learn to use this huge computer system and scanner and all this other stuff so I can post drawings and photos. Right now it is like a trucker with a five speed main box; a three speed brownie; and a two-speed axle; and he is only using the three bottom gears in the five speed. This page always amazes me...the stuff we can learn. There are some really talented Jeep guys out there, and some of them are working in awesome occupations....power plant operators....helicopter pilots....chief mechanics in transit systems....sometimes it's humbling to find out what some of these Jeepers do all day.

CJDave

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Re: CJ Rhodes Scholars

Maybe you don't spell 'em all perfect BigMan, but you're a Rhodes Scholar when it comes to givin' the straight scoop on Jeep mods. We have decided to go with the high-mounted recessed lights after getting the info from your page. We will add some armoured side markers high up on the sides, about where our '79 originally had them. We are movin the license plate and it's lamp down to the bumper panel. We haven't decided on what backup lamps to use, but they will be surface mount...maybe on the bumper panel as well.

CJDave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.