Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went off roading this week . I was pulling a trailer with an approximate weight of 1000 lbs on it. when I got home and took the trailer off, I took it for a ride and now my clutch has to be pressed in all the way before I can change gears . for awhile I could not even get it in gear. this has appeared over night and I am wondering if there is a peddle adustment that can be made to prevent all that freeplay. actually i hope that all the problem is. any info would be great thanks. I have a 1994 4 liter wrangler

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
It may be that a little excess heat has robbed you of enough fluid in the clutch master cylinder-clutch slave cylinder system to cause it to lose a little travel. Before selling the ranch, check the fluid level.....add fluid to top it up.....and BLEED the slave cylinder according to the best procedures. Once you have done that, the worry will either be gone, OR you can REALLY get worried.

CJDave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.