Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Citizenship Idea...
I can't remember the name of the story, but when I was in high school, I read a story about a fictional nation that Citizenship wasn't an automatic right.
Citizenship had to be earned, through Civil service, or through service in the military.
Automatic citizenship to anyone that was in combat defending the nation.
Only full citizens could vote, and only full citizens could run for public office.

If you were convicted of a crime, after your prison sentence was over, you were stripped of your citizenship, and you got deported.
They didn't care where you went, just that you went.

What kind of a country would we have if only the stand up, take action, take accountability people could vote and hold office?
If a crooked politician spent money on a pork barrel project, messed with hookers, bounced checks, got caught driving drunk, ect, ect.... he got deported.
What if we deported everyone that wouldn't work, wouldn't pull their weight or committed crimes?

We would only need one law. "Do what is right to the best of your abilities."
We would only need one punishment. "Deportation."

What if.....?

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Hey....don't laugh. A couple of years ago the New York welfare bunch got nailed by the CA DA for "exporting" their caseloads to CA. They would buy 'em a ticket, give 'em a list of "easy" counties to prey on and away they'd go to San Jose CA, or even Modesto. Some couldn't stand the lack of rudeness so they went back(just kidding)./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifMost of the leeches set down their little fangs and stayed here in the ****-controlled-democrat-majority-in-the-legislature fruit and nut state./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Yep, I remember that. They tried to send 'em to Texas first. Texas said, "send 'em down here, but they have to be chili tasters for at least one full hour before they can get any benefits." They went to California. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Doug '97 TJ
Creator of the CBrack
My Web Site

G

·
Chili tasters! /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif Chili tasters!!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif Ha ha, still laughing!!!

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

· Registered
4,757 Posts
actually starship troopers is an excellant book.. the movie is terrible.. the book is by Robert A. Heinlein, my copy is dated 1959
it is on the recommended reading list for Marines...
if you have not, it well worth reading the 208 pages

· Registered
7,289 Posts
If they'd make it legal in Ohio /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif I could use some moving targets./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Wider is better but taller is cooler!

· Registered
13,180 Posts
Just a few ramblings for you guys to chew on:

1. Term Limitations: Every elected official should serve two terms. One term to the office in which he was elected. The second term, of equal length, in jail.

2. All federally elected officials should be forced to return to their home districts over secondary roads, in a vehicle of average age and condition to those in their voting district.

3. All federally elected officials pay should be tied to the median income of those in their voting district.

4. Lawyers should be barred from serving in the Senate or Congress.

5. Teen agers:

All Teen-agers, at the age of between 14 and 15 should be air dropped into a third world country with $100 in local currency and a note which reads: " Be back here in 1 year and we'll pick you up. Be 15 minutes late, and you're on your own." It may make them appreciate from whence they came.

6. New Citizens:

The Founding Fathers did not regard being born in this country a right to citizenship, or being born abroad to two US citizens, right to US citizenship (Remember when George Romney ran for the US Presidency? He was born in Mexico to two US Citizens. His citizenship qualifications were questioned.)

Any person emigrating to the US should have full US rights extended, but not citizenship. To be a citizen they should:
Pass a Comprehensive test in English.
Pass a Comprehensive test of US History, the Constitution and Patriotic Practices.
A LEGAL resident of the US for 20 years

7. Those Born US Citizens:

To Vote:
Pass a Comprehensive test in English.
Pass a Comprehensive test of US History, the Constitution and Patriotic Practices.
Be at the age of Majority or serving active duty in the US Military at the time of the election.

If convicted of ANY Felony:
Automatically stripped of all voting rights.
Compensation from fines goes to the victim.

Citizenship should be earned and then cherished.

There's more, but it's late….

Good Jeepin'

Larry

G

·
>Citizenship Idea...
>I can't remember the name of the story, but when I was in high school, I read a story about a fictional nation that Citizenship wasn't an automatic right.
>Citizenship had to be earned, through Civil service, or through service in the military.
>Automatic citizenship to anyone that was in combat defending the nation.
>Only full citizens could vote, and only full citizens could run for public office.

Wow man, sounds pretty much like what our founding fathers were against when they rebelled against a tyrannical government (cept the national service thing, cant argue there)

>If you were convicted of a crime, after your prison sentence was over, you were stripped of your citizenship, and you got deported.
>They didn't care where you went, just that you went.

Hey, sounds like what the brits were doing when they were shipping people off to the US and Australia! (wow same tyrannical government!)

>What kind of a country would we have if only the stand up, take action, take accountability people could vote and hold office?
>If a crooked politician spent money on a pork barrel project, messed with hookers, bounced checks, got caught driving drunk, ect, ect.... he got >deported.
>What if we deported everyone that wouldn't work, wouldn't pull their weight or committed crimes?

Probably the same in which only white property owners could vote.

>We would only need one law. "Do what is right to the best of your abilities."
>We would only need one punishment. "Deportation."

Sounds like a lack of due process, and definatley against the notion that the punishment should fit the crime. In fact man, sounds a lot like facisim. You know that thing we sent millions of troops overseas to defeat in ohh bout 1941? And hey, come to think of it that all started with the idea that the government should protect the people at the cost of freedom. Well, in those immortal words. Give me liberty or give me death.

· Registered
789 Posts
I agree. Government is NOT the answer they are the problem. Stripping citizens of there voting rights would be just what they want. The answer to our problem is MORE active voters, not fewer. If you want to stop illegal imigrants go after the people that hire them. If there were no jobs they would not be here.

C-Ya.....................kh

G

·
I don't think it would be a good idea to make it easy to strip away someones rights. Suppose then they made Jeeping a felony? See Ya! Allows politicians to get rid of those pesky folks who demand accountability from their elected officials too.

The second problem is: who do we get to take our less desirables? Might have to go on a military campaign to get someone else to "accept" our flotsam. Other than the U.S., nobody accepts felons as immigrants. (Ok, I forgot Israel. If you hack someone to pieces, have your parents help you get out of the country, and run off to Israel where you grandfather once lived for a while, they will take you in and protect you from those big meanies who want to extradite you.)

Personally I think political office should be run like jury selection (or the draft, when it was real). Pick a few dozen names at random, eliminate those who don't meet the requirements, and have an election between the remaining people. No incumbents! Imagine the excuses the judges would have to hear from people trying to get out of serving. "Your Honor, I am really tied up for the next six years and I can't really make the time to be a Senator."

"My other car is a BULLDOZER"

G

·
>(Ok, I forgot Israel. If you hack someone to pieces, have your parents help >you get out of the country, and run off to Israel where you grandfather once >lived for a while, they will take you in and protect you from those big meanies >who want to extradite you.)

Oh man thats freaky. Ive met that kid. He's my fiance's friends little brother. Was a creepy kid too... Moved away long before that happened though.

· Registered
5,526 Posts
I've definitely got to agree that taking away the rights of some is a bad choice, but the worse choice is taking away the rights of everyone... I'd like it so that people could serve one term in office, and then no more, at least for a while, so that they don't have enough time to really screw things up... Oh yeah, and set the vast majority of our laws back to how they were when the Nation was founded... Such horrible things as "making people be responsible for their actions", and "not giving people handouts from the Government by stealing from everyone"...

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.