Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a friend who totaled his truck and he is giving me the TBI and all the wiring and computer that goes with it. My question is this, what all am I going to have to do or buy to adapt this to my AMC 360 in my CJ?? And, does it matter any at all that his truck was a 5 speed and mine is an automatic?? I know that this has been done by a few people but I never really paid that much attention since I wasen't ready to do this type of setup yet, but now I am.
Any suggestions or things to watch out for???
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did it on my 258... http://www.neca.com/~crossrds There are some links there to other sights that can help. Shouldn't be too much trouble to get it running and tranny difference shouldn't be a problem since it isn't computerized.

good luck,
Randy

____
|____|
/-o||||o-\
(_)----(_)

Randy Joyner

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The two links found in Randy's TBI page are probably the two best you will find. The first site deals mainly with 258's but there is some AMC V8 owners on the list. It is all about GM TBI. Jason...the list moderator could also burn you a custom chip. I would consider it a must for you if you are serious about this swap.

The 2nd link on Randy's page is of a mailing list dealing with all facets of do-it-yourself fuel injection. The guys on the list are ultimately knowledgable. I was on the list for a few months but the discussions were way over my head.

Hopefully you are starting out with an 88-92 350 TBI system...it will make things just a little easier and perhaps even cheaper. Good Luck.

Randy,
If you read this.... did you have to supply the GM computer with a tach signal?

Regards,

Larry 85CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am running full closed loop, computer controls all the ignition. The pickup in the dist is tied directly into the computer and I welded the advance shaft.

Right now I am running an ECM from a 90 truck 4.3, 5 speed. After last weekends wheeling I am parked in the garage for repairs and I won't be able to work on the custom chip for a while.

Randy

____
|____|
/-o||||o-\
(_)----(_)

Randy Joyner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts