Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asked to help with the installation of a Chevy 454 into a 1980 CJ. Any information, web links, or pics are appreciated! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
dave

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
There is one member in Denmark that has a 454 in his CJ5.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been searching the net, with google, for CJ's that are 454 powered and found this site 78 CJ7 I'm hoping someone here, might be able to help with some of the technical details.
dave

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I put a 454 in a Blazer that had a 350(people put 350s in Jeeps all the time) in it orginally. I think the motor mounts are the same. I think the water neck is real close to the same position as the 350's. Seems to me the fan wasn't that much more forward than the small block's. Exhaust manifolds might be a different story, like with the steering??? Hey, try it. Overcome and adapt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Shoot an e-mail the the above Jeeper. The people from Ohio are good down to earth types. He'll probably answer any questions you might have.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
cj5with454bb is the member's name. He has an email address listed too. His last post was a year ago but the email address might still be current.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Will, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I send cj5with454bb an email.
dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts