Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if anyone knows any info about using early cherokee (FSJ) leaf springs to lift a YJ. I've heard it gets you around 2" or so. what if any are the catches? please e-mail me directly at [email protected]
thanks
Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't know anything about your spring question, but I met this guy in a parking lot one time who had a 2.5" lift on his Wrangler that cost under $200. He used add-a-leafs to get 1.5" of lift and a 1" body lift. He was able to fit 31x10.50 w/o fender rubbing/trimming. It looked vey nice and for under $200, I'd call that cheap.

-Dorian
88 YJ w/ factory paint

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fulsize jeep springs are a great option, I did a bit of research on them before I decided on 2" YJ springs for my toy. They are slightly longer then YJ springs(about 2 inches) which gives you a better shackle angle, but are slightly narrower but this should not be a problem. look for a 6-9 leaf pack and measure the lengths carefully as the spring lengths differ year to year and you will gain about 2" of lift and some rather soft springs

Jeff
'83 Toyota long bed
5" lift, YJ front springs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of kit was that add a leaf? Heckethorn has a add a leaf kit for $279. That includes all 4 shocks ,a steering stabilizer and 4 add aleafs. It is supp give a YJ 2" of lift. Is this kit worth the money?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.