Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wanting to pass on some usefull info. The steering shaft on cj's that gets loose at the u-joint and at the coupler(after the column and before the steering box)is a lot easier and cheaper to fix than most realize. You can buy a coupler and heavy-duty u-joint and a piece of 3/4 shaft that will be cheaper and easier than most other fixes. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MORE INFO, E-MAIL ME AT [email protected] I WILL GIVE YOU PART NUMBERS AND PRICES AND WHERE TO ORDER.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
How bout you post the part numbers and source here? Sounds pretty suspicious when you only have three posts and you're trying to solicit something like this? At least we'd know it's the real deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like another newbie/stranger trying to use the bbs to make a little money.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed. Someone with something to sell.

Come on then ... prove us wrong.... now watch as he goes off, makes another site, registers it, posts the content to it, changes his email address...

g

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
No, no, no LEVE...you did it ALL wrong! It's suppose to be like this...

(1) Welcome to the board
(2) Thanks for filling out your profile
(3) He's got three posts to date
(4) I'll e-mail him and request the info
(5) If I get the info I'll post it
(6) Well,
(7) I can't
(8) think of
(9) anything else
(10) to list.

Sorry, I couldn't resist
Just having some fun.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Hey, you guys are getting mighty cranky in your old age. Wait until somebody posts that the fellow IS trying to sell information here. You're flaming him on a suspicion. If he's only made three posts, he probably isn't familiar yet with the protocol here.

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
1. Am I that predictable?
2. Yep, I guess I am......
3. He actually was ASKING for a used winch in one of those posts.
4. So, he's innocent until he's proven guilty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you guys are a rough crowd!!! I'm not selling anything. This stuff is all new to me. The parts are purchased from speedway motors in Lincoln Ne. You will need 3ft of solid 3/4" shaft. Two U-joints. Part #'s 910-32239 13/16-36 spline joint and a 910-32240 1"-48 spline joint. Cut the shaft to the lenght you need because it is different if you have a body lift. You need to take the steering column loose to install the shaft. The joints are welded on the shaft and they have a set screw that holds it to the column and steering box shaft. The number for speedway motors is 402-323-3200.
Sorry if i upset anyone by not posting the #'s, I didn't have the parts book with me yesterday!

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts
Hey, cool. Thanks.

Wow, $50 for one and $60 for the other.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK muddywater you done it now ya got us all going, so now your punishment is a write up complete with part number's and pic's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just something to think about:

You might want to adapt the stock steering shaft to work with the new u-joints. The only reason is that the stock steering shaft is collapsable in case of a severe frontal impact. The solid shaft thrusting rearward towards the driver could cause a serious injury. Not being critical, just something to consider.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL, I don't think I am coordinated enough! I have enough trouble holding a cup of coffee and a cigarette!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.