Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since mine has not been hooked up since before I bought my '85 CJ, how can I eliminate this completly? I know you have to have it for emissions purposes, but that's not a concern. I believe there _was_ a return line from the canister to the fuel tank. How do I cirvumvent this w/o causing fuel delivery problems? I've already removed the canister and what's left of the vacuum hoses. The original BBD feedback carb was replaced with a non-feedback version.

85 CJ-7 258/T176/D300 Scout D44s F&R with Lock-Rites and 4.56 gears. 4" springs with lift shackles 36" SS TSL Radials Hella Rallye 4000s for guiding small planes into the woods

·
Registered
535 Posts
You should still have a return fuel line running from your fuel filter to the gas tank. The other line is a VENT line that runs from the gas tank into the charcoal canister. Gasoline lets off vapors, and these need to be vented somewhere. The charcoal in the canister captures the vapors to be later be fed into the engine.

You can plug this vent line from the gas tank, and then get a vented gas tank cap to allow the vapors to escape.

Mark
83 CJ-7 and 76 CJ-7 with stuff

·
Registered
827 Posts
I was in the same boat, I completely removed the can and hoses. I pluged the line at the gas tank end and have not driven the jeep since. Everyone seemed to think that it would be fine, just needed to get a vented gas cap.

Jeeps are Built not Bought
Chrome don't get ya Home

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.