Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the freeze plugs on the 75 were looking pretty rough. I would imagine they are origonal. So, how much of a PITA is this going to be to change them? Are there any higher quality sets, or is the basic brass set good enough?

Thanks,

Sean

· Registered
1,637 Posts
Not hard if you can get to them. I see you have a V-8 ... real PITA behind the exhaust manifolds.

good luck
I've always been told that Brass is better but I've always used the steel ones with good success (they were free).

G

·
If your feeze plugs are going then what kind of shape is the engine in? At this point I would say you are due for a rebuild. My bet is that after you spend all that effort to replace the plugs...you will end up doing the engine real soon.

· Official Historian
8,275 Posts
For the V8, just open the hood back against the windshield, remove the fenders and the exhaust manifolds and you should be able to get to them pretty well. The fenders come off easily as long as the bolts come out without stripping or breaking from rust.

Just remembered. I think there is one on the front and rear of each head too. You might be able to get to the ones in the front but there is no easy way to get to the rear ones.

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything on this Jeep is pretty rusty. This year I'm saving my pennies for a new body. The engine runs very well and I don't have any performance problems from it. But, like I said it's all rusty. I can only hope that nothing serious goes wrong with it till I could afford a rebuild.

Thanks for the replies,

Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.