Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has been thinking about one "GO FOR IT" I just put one in last week, wheeled it once and on the street it's awsome!!! I give it two thumbs up!!!
It is still in the process of setting itself but if it's any indication of what to expect damn worth it. Make sure you have your flywheel ground and stepped before you install though otherwize it won't grab as well, and you'll probably need a new one agian soon?
Just my petty 2 cents worth!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am just wondering how much it cost you to purchase and have installed on your vehicle. I am thinking of getting the Dual-Friction and am trying to find a good price.

Thanks
RuedPath

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I don't know if you would consider what I paid a good price? I live in Canada so $5.00 US = $3600.00 CDN? No! normally I probably would have paid about $625.00 - $700.00, but since the last clutch I had only lasted 2 months, the guy that sold it to me, gave me the Centerforce for $485.00 all taxes and Freight from the US included. Not a bad deal for here I'd say?

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First post on the new BBS.....

My '93 Pathfinder XE-V6 is in need of a clutch. Anyone know where to get one in the US for a fair price???

Thanks,

Eli

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know what there going for down there, but it's not worth trying to cheap out too much? I would stay away from Dynopac and Mcleod if you asked me and either just replace it with the OEM clutch or the centerforce, none of the others I've tried or heard about seem to cut it. There all fine on the street, but can't take the heat when it come's to off-roading? They do however seem to work fine in a fullsize truck using an 11", but not for our little 9"???

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you go to a shop in Bellevue Washington called TSR you can get the Dual Friction for about $350.

RuedPath

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Cory! I didn't finish answering your last question the clutch was $485.00 and I installed it myself.
$350.00 I'll have to remember that, does that include install (I doubt it) and is that for the Pathinder also?

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The center force dual friction is listed in Automotive Customizers catalog for 339.95 for trucks and finders made after '85 and '86 respectively. The throwout bearing is another $25. Their website is www.4x4parts.com Good luck. When my stock goes out, that's what I'm going after.

sb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I put the Centerforce Dual Friction in my '88 Pathfinder last winter and i have to agree that it's GREAT! I got it from automotive customizers for $340, only downside was it took FOREVER for them to send it too me. They said it had to come from somewhere in Arizona, which is strange since they are in Florida. Oh well, it was worth the wait

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought mine at CAR QUEST local retailer - cost was $345.00 throw out bearing. Get the Centerforce bearing as it will hold up better.
mines 2 years old and still doing well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts