Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to install 3* caster shims to bring my caster to spec. I have too much positive caster now 9-10*, so I need to decrease it. Which way do these niffty little units go? I'm guessing fat part towards the rear. I'm SPUA with a s/r & rears up front.... Am I correct?

I just don't want to bodger this up and have to do it again.... Thanks!

G

·
Crow,

I have em on my zuk - you can look at 'em.......

I forgot which way they go and I am at work now - will try and run outside and take a peek

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought caster had changed with the rears up front and having drill the packs, moving the axle forward. I'm about 9-10 degrees positive, so I'll toss in the 3 degree shims I have and should be in the ballpark.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they should become an integral part of the spring pack, correct? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't go for an alignment. I used one of those nifty angle gauges....

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Make sure your spring pin is long ewnough too, it should pass thru the shim and still fit in the perch hole. I had to use a longer bolt to shim my rear.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Ya to what Mini said.

Also, remember, you have those relocation pads. Man, that's a lot of foo-foo on your springs. While your at it. Check the relocation pads and make sure they are pushing your axle forward.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tim... I ditched the relocator pads and drilled the spring pack. It wasn't working with the Calmini s/r. Now, the fronts are a 5 leave pack with the caster shim. Life is good....

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys...I used a bolt (actually a nut) that I massaged with a grinder to fit the spring plates. I knew I would need the longer bolts as I added another leaf to the pack as well as the shim.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.