Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need carpet for my CJ-7, it will probably be easier to purchase rather than have someone cut and glue it in. I've seen the molded carpet in different catalogs anywhere from $95 - $195. What are the major differences and which have you users had good success with?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Just say no to carpet! It holds water and will rust out your tub. Patch any rusted out places and line it with Rhinoliner, Herculiner, Durabak, etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is another alternative. I've seen those as well. They go for about $50 a pair for the front, but I couldn't find one for the rear of the CJ, only for the Wranglers.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
The stuff i'm talkin about is brushed, rolled or sprayed in. Had mine rhinolined by a pro for $175. DIYO Herculiner rolls in at a cost of $99/gal.
Good Jeepin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I've got what I think is the ultimate set up for a daily driven jeep that sees a lot of off-road use (and abuse some times). I had the tub sprayed with rhinoliner (they sprayed it in brown to match the rest of the interior), and I got a set of CatchAll mats. The Rhino helps insulate the tub and kills a lot of the noise and vibration, plus it makes the tub nearly rust proof, and increditbly easy to clean. The CatchAll mats are a four piece set - Drivers floor, Passengers floor, one piece rear passengers floor, and cargo area (the cargo mat even covers the space under the rear seat, so if you fold-n-tumble it, the entire floor space is covered). The mats are molded to fit perfectly, and are a very nice carpet with a ruber back. They add a finished look to the rig, and when its time to go wheelin' or just clean the interior real well, they just pull out. I dont have to unscrew anything, or take out the console like I had to with a full carpet kit. It's a little more $$ than a molded carpet set, but definately worth every penny! Just my opinion, anyway. Hope this helps. Happy Jeepin'!

-Spyder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.