Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased from them any experiences? I am trying to order the Warn Black Diamond suspension for a '77 CJ-7 and haven't been able to determine what all I need. Some of you have said I need 2 each of the front and rear spring part #'s but the web site is confusing. If I have to pay for 2 of each it would put the price with shocks near $800, minus the $100 coupon. Is this right? If so it seems I can get it cheaper elsewhere. Any ideas? Thanks.

fratt

G

·
I ordered a radiator from them and it was real cheap(price). I had no problems at all. Just get on the customer service section and ask for a list of what is included in the lift kit.

G

·
That's too much. I believe that the springs come in 2 front/2 rear, so you order 1 each. I'd call 'em.. though their customer service isn't all that together all the time... too much work, too many calls, too few people...

Another Jeepgeek!
Jon YJ94

G

·
I bought a used driveshaft from them. It was a little bit more than I wanted to spend, but I needed it now and couldn't find it anywhere else. They shipped it fast. I had no problems.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was looking at the same thing. The price of the individual pieces on carparts.com is way high compared to the complete kits from other vendors (Quadratec - $699). Did your $800 include u-bolts? I didn't see a transfer case lowering kit on the site either. I called carparts and they said they don't carry a complete kit. By the way, the carparts.com ad in the February issue of FOUR WHEELER did not have a $300 limit (fourb002 - expires 2/29/00). I placed my order yesterday for about 6 months worht of parts. They hesitated a little, but gave me the discount for the complete order.

jerry

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I just bought Xenon extended flairs from Carparts.com. With shipping, they were $197. About one third of what I could find them for from any other source. Call up in person, tell them what you are looking for. They don't stock all this stuff, my flairs were on my doorstep in 5 days. And NO, they don't carry lockers yet although they are planning to add a lot of that kind of merchandise as they identify a demand.

Enjoying Montana's Big Sky (& rocks & rivers & mountians etc, You get the picture.)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jerry,
thanks for that coupon code. I just want to repost it to everyone else(fourb002). It gives 33% off the entire order. I priced the warn kit from qtec and carparts and for all the same part numbers it is about $100 cheaper at carparts.com. I called qtec and they said the drop pitman arm is not included in the kit. I am not buying it right now. The part numbers match up with the ones on the WARN site. Thanks for all ya'lls help.
Later,
rich

fratt

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
BTW:
I just bought 2 bestop Trailmax pro seats (Stock# 39336, not on thier website) in two orders and used the same coupon twice. The seats were 258/ea w/discount is $180, shipping was $32 to Northern CA and in CA they have you pay sales tax(figured pre-discount). So it was about $230 ( I bought some other little stuff too.)
One nice thing, they email you when your order is entered, when is scheduled to be shipped, and when it is shipped, and they give you the UPS tracking #.

Scott,
'85 CJ7 'T.H.O.R.' "Take Him Off Road"

G

·
Search this board there are a ton of threads on carparts.com, personally I bought lots of stuff from them but was very unhappy with their customer service. They don't know there heads from their a$$es over there. Just my opinion. BUT the prices are so cheap, if you know EXACTLY what you are ordering and you have EXTRA time then I would go for it, just be patient.

Chris
[email protected]
http://www.extreme-jeepin.com

G

·
CaN someone let me in on the discount?
I didn't know of this company let alone thier great prices..
Thanks
william.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.