Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never got a confirmation from carparts.com on my winch so I contacted them online. Roberto tells me
there is no order under my name or under my email address even though when I hit "Shopping cart" it
says the order has been placed. I was told I should reorder. Now the prices are WAY up almost
doubled. Did the rest of you guys that ordered get confirmations? I called the toll free number and
after talking to one person I was put on hold until after they closed.

G

·
They pulled that trick on me, too... but it all worked out...

If I remember, it took like 2 weeks for them to have my order "show up", after I'd already gotten the product...

Jon-YJ94
I6, 3.5" Black Diamond, MORE, & more
[email protected]

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is that when I ordered, the regular price for an XD9000 was about $653 and they took 1/3 off
of that for a price of $438, $475 with shipping. Now the regualr price shows as $1142.86, a lousy $80 off
full list. With 1/3 off the price would still be $765.71. I did notice that they didn't really give 1/3 off but
33%, not much difference, only a couple dollars on the original order.

ALL the other winch prices are up a like amount too. If there had been a mistake in the price for the
winch I ordered, I had a second choice, but it went from $508 to well over $800.

YJ94, I hope you're right and it's just a screw up on their part, but it don't look good.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I think the deal is over.

Don't be mad, I am pretty sure they screwed up on the pricing in the first place. I know for a fact they lost money on this.

Someone just got smart and found that out, so the raised the price. Don't call them a "rip-off" just because you missed out on their mistake. Sorry they cought on before you got in/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

David
Davids 4x4 Page

G

·
I have spoken to them twice for a total of 20-30 minutes and couldnt have asked for better customer service.

I called on my order today and they pulled my invoice right up when I gave them the order number. They said they would send another email when the winch ships.

I initially ordered a particular winch and then the next day I cancelled that order and upgraded to a better winch. Both times I received confirmation emails within minutes.

Sounds like they got wise. I'd call tommorow and be polite... explain what happened and they should come through for you.

Good luck,

LarryM
85 CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd
'00 TJ Sport, NV3550 5spd, D44, Teraflex system

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DRM,

No, that's not it I placed the order onn Saturday and now they can't find the order. They gave me a price
of $437.61 and the order went through, now they can't find it. That's why I'm calling them a rip-off, they
took the order and now they won't honor it and told me to reorder. I didn't miss anything, my order was
in.

LarryM,

Where did you get your confirmation number? Only thing I saw was they would email me a UPS tracking
number once it shipped. Did I miss it? I got to the page where they gave me back my credit card
number replacing all the digits with stars except the last 4 and I hit confirm.

G

·
I had problems at first with getting the discount but then I got the coupon number 984 for the internet discount. After I called them a couple of times.
Thanks to FNG, he gave me the discount number. I got a supertop with 2 piece soft doors delivered for 467. I almost got a winch but it wasn't in the budget. I am trying to get the pro comp coil conversion for my YJ. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Kiley /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
94YJ
Alittle better than stock.

G

·
Glad I could help. As for that price switch, I wondered how they were taking such a big hit on the price of those winch's, they must have lost a boat load of money since this news has been on every newsgroup and bulletin board I see.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Sorry for the mix up.

Did you print the final page like they said to when you placed the order? I say if you have that page, you have your order. SO what if they can't find it. You have that page. Try that route, and good luck!

David
Davids 4x4 Page

G

·
I ordered an M6000SDP from them yesterday by phone. They didn't even list the part on the site, but they contacted Warn and confirmed that they could sell it to me. When I mentioned the 1/3 off, he gave it to me with no problem. I recieved confirmation serveral hours later. I won't believe this deal until I have the winch and my credit card statement in my hand, but so far, I have had no trouble. Good luck.

-joe

G

·
I have been on the phone with carparts.com for almost 2 hours now trying to get parts ordered. Their website won't recognize my coupon and then I had to convince the guy that I had the 984 coupon, they finally gave it to me and then I had to go through each part I wanted and give him all the info, then he came back and told me all the stuff that I had ordered that was out of stuck.....what a royal pain in my A#$.....don't even know if the 1/3 off is worth it.

absolutjeep

G

·
Just got two emails from them.....

*********#1*********
Dear Customer,
We have shipped the following on your order!
Part Description Date Shipped Tracking #
HS9500 Winch 11/29/99 1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To track your order, you may go to www.UPS.com or contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
Thank you for shopping at Carparts.com!
Sincerely,
Carparts.com

*********#2********
Dear Larry Maggio,
Thank you for your order with CarParts.com. The shipment schedule for your order follows:
HS9500 Winch - (48500) 12/1/99
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
Thank you for shopping at CarParts.com!
Sincerely,
CarParts.com

We'll see in the next day or two if I get the real deal!
Regards,

LarryM
85 CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd
'00 TJ Sport, NV3550 5spd, D44, Teraflex system

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good Idea, I should have printed the page. Better idea, I won't do business with companies that don't
give me an order number at the time the order is placed.

It may all work out. I called carparts.com today and told him when I placed the order, exactly what each
screen looked like and the exact price, discount and shipping that I was quoted.. I pled my case and he
put me on hold for a while when he came back he told me they couldn't sell it for that because the sale
was over and they lost money on them. I pled my case a little further and he reluctantly agreed to give
me the price because it was a computer error on their part. He also promised I would get an order
number by email tonight. I still had no order number as of 6:30pm CST so I called again, no order
entered. He checked and said it was right on top, she just hadn't entered the order into the system yet.
About half an hour later, I got and order number by email. We'll see if I ever get a winch. They said it
would be 2 weeks because they sold so many winches, even though my confirmation said it will ship
within 48 hours.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts