Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting fuel to the carb but it won't fire unless I pour gas in it directly. Jets clogged? Suggestions? Thanks.

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
168 Posts
You didn't say what carb you had. Check your pump plunger assy./needle and seat assy. Best thing to do would be to take it apart, clean it, and rebuild it.

Nuke the unborn gay whales for Jesus

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
well,

first make sure you have gas at the carb's bowl, losten the fuel feed line and crank the ehgine very shortly and catch it with a rag!

if you have that, then check:

stroke the throttle linkage, it SHOULD mist a fine spray of gas into the venturi(s)

if it doesnt you either have a stuck needle and seat valve, or a corroded/ruptered accelerator pump, both are cheap easy and simple.

sometimes a slight tap will losten the needle /seat but its better to pull it apart, if its been sitting with old gas more than a few months its corroded and needs rebuilding
I would remove/rebuild the carb, kits are cheap, they are usually pretty simple, and blow out all the little passages and such..

let us know what carb and I could maybe be more specific

OzarkJeep
77 CJ5, in a bunch of pieces right now

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its the motorcraft 2150 two barrel and the rebuild kit is $45 at autozone. Never done a carb rebuild and to be honest it makes me a little nervous. Looks like I'm gonna give it a shot though. Nothing to lose at this point. Thanks.

Can you fix it?

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
45 bucks?

nahhh, ask for one for a 1971 Ford F100 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive, auto

302/ 2bbl, C4 auto tranny if they get really picky...
no power steering or brakes..

everything that you will need is the same, and the last kit I bought was $22

you really only need the accellerator pump diapragm, they sell it seperately, maybe not at autozone, if the zone does have seperate parts youll play hell trying to get what you erally need..

try going to napa, and buying just the accelerator pump, replace that, clean the ports out really good, take the air horn ( bowl cover) off and make sure the needle and seat can seperate, and youve got it licked..

OzarkJeep

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I just called the local Autostone

$13.49 for a autolite 2100 kit ( 71 Ford F100/302)

the only difference should be the gasket for the altitude compensator on the back..maybe some other differences,BUT the stuff you need will be in there!!

needle/seat/ accelerator pump diapraghm

OzarkJeep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked for several different kits thinking along that line and they all came up the same kit. They just got a bunch of new guys maybe he screwed it up. This has got to be a tonite project so the zone it is $45 or not. I want to DRIVE [email protected]#$% it. Carb rebuilt tonite exhaust in the morning primer gray by sunday night. Easy no problem. I'm sure you'll hear from me several more times./wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif Thanks for the help ozark I'll keep you informed.

Can you fix it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.