Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my mc2100 swap is finally done. If anybody is considering usuing a motorcraft 2100 from a ford V6 don't. I thought it would work cause it had the same ventrie size as one off a v8 but not. IT runs dangerously lean and rejetting doen't help. I tried two different ones with no success then I order a remanufatured car from a 304 bolted it one a BAM, it was like I had a whole new engine. It still has a little miss but at this point I really dont care. IT idles great and with the tr upgrade my engine has way more power. I can actually shift fom 1 to 3 with no problem. I took it fro a test drive and there is this hill (paved) that I always have to climb, before it was a struggle to get up in 4th now I can actually accelerate up the hill in 4th and have lots of power to spare. I checked the plugs and they are a really light brown so I would say it is running a little lean. I still have to get an aircleaner and valve cover breather. All and all I would say this has been a great experiance, my jeep runs good now and I learned a lot a carbs. Anybody that is considering doing this swap do it, it is well worth it. And thanks fro anserwing all my questions guys I really do appreciate it.

I need to get a girlfriend I'm getting to close to my jeep.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.