Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif One more hint: When you slide the throttle plates back in place, don't tighten the screws till both are in place, then close the throttle till they touch and then with a slight pressure holding the throttle closed, tighten the screws. That will get the perfect alignment in the bores and make it idle better. You can do the same with the single choke plate to align it as well. It is almost a lead-pipe cinch that you will need to bush the shaft, so just take the base to the local machine shop and have them boys do it for you if there is no stock kit to do it./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Oh, and one more thing. Pay attention to those little balls as TeamRush cautioned, and WATCH FOR ALUMINUM BALLS....as I recall some carbs do have them, and you can't drop a steelie in where an aluminum came out, so be sure as you dismantle the carb to notice if some are and some aren't aluminum. Make sure that you know where each ball came from. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif You probably know more about rebuilding a carb now than half the guys in the corn belt.....congratulations!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.