Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 77 CJ7 with 304 and a 2-barrel motorcraft. It was running way rich so I rebuilt the carb. After the rebuild it was running fine, but now it is starting to run a little rich again. Also after it warms up if I shut it down it will start right up with no problems, but if it sits for a few minutes it is hard starting and acts like it is flooded. What a pain! I am sure somebody out there has had a simular problem. I would like to fix it. If not I would like to put an aftermaket intake and carb set-up. Any suggestions? How about fuel injection?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had a similar problem with my 2 barrel weber. I fiddled for a year or so getting stuck often. This past year, i replaced my stock headers with aluminum and i put an edelbrock 4 barrel carb, w/ a fuel flow adjuster. I have not had any problems since. This upgrade is not expensive as far as jeep upgrades go, but it works like a charm..I was looking into a fuel injection system, but decided it was to expensive at this point. good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.