Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone recommend a manual choke to fit on the stock carb of a 74 CJ5? Think this is a Carter YF. My choke is a hot air choke and I'm pretty sure it's out of commission. Need to find an acceptable solution so that I can redo the timing and ignition. Currently (due to the exhaust fumes and the fouled plugs) it appears as though the carb is stuck on the "on" position and although the car runs very well I think I need to fix the fuel/air mixture, which in turns affects the idle and timing.

Any ideas?

Carl, Tampa, FL, 74 CJ-5
If a Jeep can't take you there, Think twice about going..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Manual chokes are so basic I don't think you have to look for a special kind. All they consist of is a basically a wire, a knob, and a mount. Just go to an auto store and look for something long enough (like 3ft will do) and decide on how/ where you want to mount it. This is very basic and general. Sounds like you are on the right track. They usually cost between $5-$10.
Good luck,
chase

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.