Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can\'t get flywheel off!

Could someone please tell me how to pull my flywheel off. I have taken off the flywheel to crank flange bolts but can't not seem to pull out the pilot bearing or get the flyweel off. Any suggestions?

78' Stepside
94' GMC Z71

· Registered
6,042 Posts
Re: can\'t get flywheel off!

umm, pull really hard...??? /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Shorts <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

· Registered
4,199 Posts

take a BFH annd hit it around the outside edge. to brake away the rust thats probably holding it on, oh dont use a reg hamer use a malet or dead blow something that wont put dings in it.

IF ITS GOT WHEELS OR A SKIRT YOU CANT AFFORD IT

· Registered
926 Posts

No no no, dont ever hit the flywheel, no matter the size of the hammer/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. There are tools for getting the flywheel off....but I don´t know what it´s called in english/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif. Big help huh?

Andreas

Member of the secret sbc400 club

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks, I will get a puller tommorrow instead of prying with a crowbar like my neighbor suggested:) BTW my clutch is totally scortched. Does anyone know how to get the top off of a sm465 to access the syncronizers?

78' Stepside
94' GMC Z71

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.