Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 96 it looks like there is a generous about of camber angle on the front wheels... I have only had this Rig for a few weeks and don't really know how it should look, but it seems to have a good amount on each of the front wheels. Is this normal, or should it be more like 0 degrees, or like 1 degree, just from my experiance with my racecar, it looks to have about 2.5-3 degrees...??? it does have 88K miles on it, could the springs be sagging, or maybe just a good pair of shocks...??? I would not think the shock would have anything to do with the sagging.

Hoping this is normal...!
Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My '95 had this same problem. I corrected it by installing Superlift front coils that are 1.5" taller than stock and using their alignement cams to get the camber to what looks like 0 degrees. Of course I had a shop do the alignment. The springs were like $200, so if you are ever planning on a lift, just wait and put the money towards that!

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
unless your balljoints or axle pivot bushings are really worn i would guess the cause to be sagging springs. alignment cams are the cheaper route but replacement springs seem like the more "proper" way to fix the problem to me since you've obviously lost some height if the camber is noticable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think 1/2 degree positive camber is ideal (and I think that's what Ford calls for, too), but in reality if you can shoot for zero you're in good shape.

If you currently have negative camber it's most likely sagging springs.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
The Ford spec is .25N to .75P, but as Shilo states and from my experience 1/2 degree P (top o tire sticking out) is ideal. Sagging coils and probably tired stock shocks have given what would be a negative camber (top o tire in). jack up one side and pull on the top/bottom of tire to check ball joints as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts