Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally the cage is in. I have been waiting 6 months to get time to do this, and this was the weekend. It is a modified Calmini cage, and I took two and combined them to create a full family cage front to rear. Started on it at Porter's last weekend and just finished the rear section and final grinding. Now it is off to Wal-Mart for some satin black Krylon and a paint fest this evening. For those trying to reach me this weekend, this is where I have been, sorry for ignoring the phone, but Zuki Melt is coming fast.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com

Attachments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Tim,that looks great.I really like the extra reenforcement you have.I will meet you at the RTI ramp,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM

G

·
Looks good Tim. Those rear braces bolt to the old seat belt mounts?

John
87 suzuski samurai

G

·
Tim don't park near any school yards you'll have a hundred kids playing on it.. just kiddin looks great

were not here for a long time were here for a good time

G

·
lookin good man. keep up the good work.

88sami,GRS2,5.12gears, Chevy PS,custom dents by me
Hey, Jeeps do taste like Chicken!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
nice cage man...send me some info on it if your don't mind...I need something so my 4yr old can go wheelin with me and the wife!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took the Calmini full cage, substituted the door sill bars for the short kickers from the main hoop to the back of the fender tops (door sill bars won't work with any type of stock style seat), took one of the discarded short kickers and ran it down the middle from the top of the windshield bar to the main hoop. Then I robbed another main hoop for the rear, and used the other three short kickers for the top bars. I then ran another dash bar across the floor at the bottom of the main hoop legs. Makes a nice cage, but I would need to order in individual pieces instead of robbing from complete cages to make it a bit more cost effective.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.