Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious, what would entail making a C6 for a 460 2 wheel drive to mate to a NP205? Is it just the tail shaft or is it there far more to it. Let me know...

G

·
Don't bother with AA, why get an aftermarket part when a FACTORY part is available?

I did excatly the same... Since I needed it rebuilt anyhow I took a 460 2wd C-6 and a 351 4wd C-6 tranny and had the guts swapped. You could just get a tranny and have them swap the guts if you want. I also had the AOD gear set installed which game me a 2.72 to 1 first as opposed to the 2.46 to 1 first in the stock C-6.

The C-6's came with a 5.25" and 8" tailshaft. If you are putting in a Fullsize Bronco like I did, you need the 5.25 shaft. The NP-205 will bolt right up to where the NP-208 does. I have a NP-205 ready to go in once I grenade the NP-208.

Any more questions feel free to ask..

Uzi... Yamaha Sleds, Honda Bikes, and Ford Trucks

G

·
You mentioned an AOD in the C6 tranny? Forgive the question but you can get an overdrive added to a C6 tranny?
thanks for any additional information.

G

·
Ok.. true.. my mistake.. I will further Clarify what I meant by AOD gear Set.
You can Swap in the 1st and 2nd ONLY gear set from an AOD tranny.. obvioulsly the 3rd gear in an AOD is 1 to 1 and the 4th is overdrive.

Uzi... Yamaha Sleds, Honda Bikes, and Ford Trucks

·
Registered
91 Posts
There's a nice article in July 2001 Peterson's 4Wheel&Offroad on page 28 about a nice build-up of a C6 using the E4OD 1-2 and reverse gear sets. JET Performance Products did the work. Pretty slick.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.