Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
C clip

Just curious When were c clip used in the cherokee? Years? I told somebody about my locker and they said i had c clips and i said no way i just dont want him to tell me i told you so lol. I know almost 100 percent i am rite but thought i would ask. SCRAM

The moment you are born you start to die so buy A Jeep and play hard!!!!!

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: C clip

From what I've seen, there is no "years" for C-clips. Either you got 'em or you dont. My 89 has no clips, but an aquintance of mine does. It may have to do with your vin# or Transfer case type. Thankfully, the Lock-Rite locker will work in either type.

"Its a Geep thing, you wouldnt understand."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

oh cool ty man. SCRAM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Wheeled it hard yesterday and the open diff worked way to well. God i hope i dont have limited slip. Then the locker wont work. :( SCRAM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

A fairly easy way to tell if you have an open dif or not is if you get a tire off the ground, all the power should be going to that tire. With a limited slip, you will still be getting power to the tire that is on the ground.

"Its a Geep thing, you wouldnt understand."

·
Registered
3,478 Posts

Scram, the C-clip Dana 35c only presents a problem when one of the axle shafts breaks. Then and only then does the broken half and the wheel/tire walk away from the vehicle. The axle shafts are stronger than popular opinion allows. If yours happens to be a c-clip axle, then the shafts themselves are just as strong as my non c-clip ones. Just be careful and try not to worry about it too much. Good Luck!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Ty i will not wory much hehehe. The chances are slim to none on the limited slip and even if i had it after 200,000 miles i am sure it doesnt work i just think my open diff was working well. 2 more days till the locker goes in! (OR NOT) SCRAM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts