Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am moving to the Middle East and don't know if I will be able to get an ISP (and time) to visit here again.

Thanks for all the help in the last 4(!?) years, I learned a lot from the various fountains of knowledge here: Jeepskate, CjDave and others!

The good thing of going there is that I have to buy a new Jeep (OK it's going to be a WJ but still a Jeep).

Keep on Jeeping!

BlueJay
93 YJ with upgrades (and it is Blue!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BlueJay
Sorry to hear that your going offline.
I hope you find a way to get back on the board.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm in the Middle East (Egypt) and I have internet access... people rarely ride camels nowadays here you know :))

A.B.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AB...what is the Jeep YJ longbed? and who makes it? can you send a digital picture to this thread? dont think they sell that one here in the US.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The long bed YJ is only made in Egypt. It's made specially for the Egyptian army but is sold to the public as well. The cool thing about it, as well as the short YJ sold in Egypt, is that it comes standard with a rear Dana 44. Only the frame and the body are made in Egypt, the rest of the components are bought from Chrysler and their regular parts suppliers. I will try to get a picture for you.

A.B.

·
Registered
197 Posts
very interesting...a picture would be cool. I am sure there are a lot of people on this board that would like to see and comment on it. Thanks!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
JK
O|||O
78CJ5 360

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif My mooncrew/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif is going to miss the "North Sea" reports./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gifI remember from somewhere that Milldle East=Petroleum, and Petroleum=Middle East/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif, so I guess it's normal to go there. Send a photo of the Cameljeep when you can/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will get you the long wheel base YJ picture in a day or two guys.

BlueJay, where are you going to in the Middle East?

A.B.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well still here for a few more days (FOG!).

A.B. I am going to Dubai so we wouldn't be neighbours exactly!

CJDave, yer quite right, me lad! I will try and get a picture when I am back online again!

See y'all!

BlueJay
93 YJ with upgrades (and it is Blue!)

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I was offline from March '99 to Dec '99, and it sucked, missed a lot, so happy to be back /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. If at all possible, try to get online. Not only is it a stress reliever, but it's a tie to the "world". I spent some time abroad awhile ago, so any ties to family, friends, and the States kept my sanity in check.

As to the different jeeps, why can't we get some of those options? Hell, if they're making them, we should have first dibbs.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.