Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would one go to find a used Unimog. I would like a small one. I don't know much about the machines, except that they seem exceptionally functional and utilitarian. What size would be good for a general use p/u truck. I would use it for hauling dirt and other landscaping materials for my yard, and a lot of misc. Jeep parts (axles, engines, etc.). It would not be a commuter or anything like that, just a truck to go to Home Depot and that kind of thing. What kind of price ranges are out there.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checkout the Specialized Off Road Vehicles website at www.sorv.com they have tons of Unimogs, performance products and other things off roaders need at great prices

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
checked out the site found the following info on one of their for sales.
"#404-115 - 1974 Belgian 404.0 DOKA, Rust Free Cab, M180 2.8 Liter Engine"

they obviously dont know benzes - the 2.8 liter SOHC is an M130...and no, you cant bore an M180 out to match an M130 - the bores are paired, and the M130 uses different bore spacing. If it IS an M130 2.8, twin carb, the passenger side floor pan will have been heavilly modified to clear the carbs, and it will be visibly obvious that its a conversion: they never came with this setup from the factory. (**NB - if its done properly, its a nice conversion, and doubles the power)

It might just be a typo, or web page goof-up, Personally, I'd be VERY careful about places that post info based on what they think they're buying, VS whats actually in the trucks. (and Yah, I'm probably being a pessimist - I've seen a lot of guys pay for stuff they dont actually get on Mog's though)

C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.