Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice, do you think this cj is worth 6,500? it is a 1978 cj7 with amc 360 v8, 4K miles on rebuilt engine, dont knwo milage on car, odometer broke, t-18 trans with 6.32 first gear. danna 44 rear with detroit locker, 2" suspension lift, one inch body, 32 inch tires. he said mechanically it is in excellent shape, has no rust but on spring has a very thin coat, needs paint job, his description, sounds like really ugly paint job. he said that the price was negotable. how much you think i should off or how much you think its worth? thanks
andrew

G

·
I bought mine with a good running 304 and shot body for $1300.. came with lift and tires.. but not installed..

78 CJ7 "Issues"

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I think it's worth about $5K, maximum. Something to think about is taking a stock jeep and making all the mods to it yourself and how much it'd cost. I came up with about $3K, without the cost of the jeep, but it sounds like the jeep needs a little help. I think it might fetch as high as $5K up here.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
269 Posts
rice, will it pass GA emmissions? thats the first thing to think about, as far as cost for our area maybe 4-5000, but I cant say for sure. I've seen some near-ground up rebuilds go for 6500. Another thing to consider is that if it has a locker, its probly already been thrashed.

46cj2a beater and pile 0 parts.
75 cherokee parts pile

G

·
$6500.00 sounds steep to me for a 78 in the condition you describe. $4000.00 to $5000.00 seems to be more realistic. My son bought a 83 CJ7 258 that had 46,000.00 original miles, very clean paint job, new brakes,new exhaust..a good solid frame for roughly $4300.00. I just bought a 78 258 rebuilt
with around 5,000 miles, with a body thats shot to blazes and frame thats in bad shape for $300.00

DrummondCJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.