Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the cut-out flairs? A buddy from work is planning to install cut outs on his 81'Chevy but needs to know where and how much to cut.He has tried to contact Bushwacker several times and they just wont return hus E-mails or phone calls.Anyway if anyone with a similar truck and knowledge on this could maybe draw me some pic's or something we would appreciate it alot.By the way he will be joining this forum as soon as his 'puter gets fixed.I told him about you guys and he's eager to get involved.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
A template is supplied with the flares. You just mark the fender according to it, and then cut the line you just made.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, MSD coil & wires, Rancho 2.5" lift, 285/75R16 AT's/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx man.I guess my buddy would have found that out it Bushwacker would have called him back.Some of these companies either dont care or just too busy to respond to customer concerns.Anyway they shouldnt offer a e-mail address if their not going to answer!Thanx again.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
I've kinda got a set of those floating around in the back of my mind. I could fit 35's with only 3-4" of suspension lift with some of those on the Blazer. Anyways, I never heard anything from Bushwacker either, so I would just call the offroad stores in the magazines that advertised selling them. Some of them could answer my questions, some couldn't. Might help.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, MSD coil & wires, Rancho 2.5" lift, 285/75R16 AT's/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just put a set on a buddys 89 k 1500 they give you measurements for the top center front and rear edge then you use the flare as the template on these lines the first ones kinda tricky but easy after that. the fender brackets are kinda a pain (they rivet between the inner and outer fender to stiffen it after the cutting) it took 2 of use about 45 mins to an hour per flare we took our time( you can always cut off more but you cant put it back on)

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
90, just with putting them on and handling them, how durable do you feel they are?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually aj I was amazed at how much they stiffend up we took them out of the box they felt like paper till you bolt em up then there stiff as regular flares

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
90, like I said, I have been thinking about running a set of those eventually. I read on the web a guy's installation notes for putting them on a Jeep Cherokee. He filled them up with that expanding foam insulation to give them some added strength. Sounds like a good idea to me. I was also thinking about having them Rhino Lined. I'm planning on getting the bottom of the Blazer's body Rhino Lined up to that channel that runs down the length of it. I figure the Rhino Lining would look good on the body and the flares, and help protect the plastic of the flares, not to mention keep them on the body a little better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.