Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thanks to this board, I'm going to rebuild my 85CJ7 with the engine fire, instead of parting it out. The problem is I don't know what to do with the engine. It is currently seized, and the carb has melted into the intake. The rest of the Jeep looks like it has been totally rebuilt not very long ago. So I'm wondering if I should replace the engine or try to get it to turn over and just put a new carb on it.
I know there are a lot of Jeepers on this board and know many other's. Does anybody here know of anybody that had a 85 red CJ7 Laredo with a black soft top from Florida that had an engine fire, and the insurance company took it. It had a Florida plate that had tags up to 1999so it must have burnt in 98or 99.I think it burnt in Michigan, because that is where I bought it(at [itch] an insurance sale). It also had stickers to get into an army or something like that base.
If nobody on here knows who owned this Jeep, is there any other way of finding out who might have owned it and had it rebuilt?
Thanks again for talking me into fixing this thing up and any or all help to locate the previous owner would be greatly appreciated.

YJ with a 6.5L Turbo Diesel
and A.J.'s fiberglass body

G

·
you can run the vin number through carfax.com and it will show you what states it was licensed at and when the insurance company took it over. It will cost aroung $25.00 for a chain of title to your new Jeep. Good Luck

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's cool but will it tell me who the owner was. That is the only way that I will be able to find out much about this Jeep.

YJ with a 6.5L Turbo Diesel
and A.J.'s fiberglass body

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.