Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife(Jeepchick) drives a 96 GC with heated seats (bun warmers as she calls them). Has anyone thought about putting these in a CJ? How about you CJDave in the Snow Jeep? I have been thinking about the heated seats for some time, but am not sure what all would be involved in doing this. Anyone have any input?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the current 4x4 magazines (JP, 4Wheeler or 4WD&SportUtility) has a blurb on such a product. It slips between the seat cover and cushion. I don't think it said anything about wiring or switches though.

· Registered
1,025 Posts
I have heated Saab seats in my '83 CJ-7, love them! Put them in about 3 years ago. Took them out of a '91 900. Originally used leather ones, but after about 1 year, the leather dry rotted and ripped. Now I switched to the cloth ones, they are great! They hold up to the weather very nice, and don't really hold much water when it rains, and dry out very quickly. The heater takes about 30 seconds to start working, and are really warm, in the summer they are cool, because the cloth allows your back to breath.

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif You know.....we never even thought about the heating the seats! We HAVE provided for a HUGE auxillary power panel with ten extra relays to control all sorts of things, and there is provision in that panel for a high-draw load if needed. We have new seats for the Jeep, but I think Jeepchick will be adding covers anyway. The heaters could easily be in between the seats and the covers. We use Alpaca covers, from Alpaca Pete's in TAHOE PARADISE CA. Great seatcovers. Hmmmm......we are going to have to look into this./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

· Official Historian
8,275 Posts
with jacobs, you get great customer service too. not.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.