Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any good sites that have front bummpers that look good and sturdy.

thank you for your info denny 4x4

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
http://www.ranchhand.comMakes some REALLY beefy bumpers but they are a bit on the pricey side.

A Man a Dog and a Pickup it's a wondurful thing(sometimes)/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can fab up some bumpers for you? Let me know if you are interested.
Metalhead

JEEP it's wha's for dinner!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have some ideas of my own but was wanting to know if i use a mig welder what size wire do i use and if i use a arc what size rods for a 4" by 4" tubing thanks alot denny 4x4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First of all I would not use a mig welder to do frame work. The welds don't really get enough penetration into the base metal without quite a bit of practice. If you use a stick welder I would 7018 just because it will make it easier for you to strike an arc and get a good bead. I don't know how much welding experience you have so I would suggest running two passes on everything just to make sure you get good base metal penetration and a good solid weld. Run the machine at about 125-130 amps and practic a little bit with the travel speed until you get a nice convex looking bead. The size of the tubing doesn't matter as much as the wall thickness does, this is what would determine what type of welder I would use. Good luck. Just drop me a line of you need any advice or anything.
Metalhead

JEEP it's wha's for dinner!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts