Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I have a wrangler with everything stock except a 4" lift and longer shackles. I was wondering what can I do get get it more mud ready. I was thinking of maybe putting a 2" body lift just to squeeze in some 35's even though for some reason I saw another wrangler with just a 4" lift and stock shackles fit 35's. Also I was thinking about a homemade snorkel but Im letting my friend do the install since I cant see myself hacking into the side of my jeep. Down here at the tip of Fl there is nothing but everglades so I have to have this rig setup to be able to keep up with some friends but I still need it as a daily driver. Luckily my friends have the option of having a second truck so I just want to be able to get as far as I can with them. Thanx.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, if you're planning on racing it in competition, make sure you check the rules before you get tires. For example, my local group has a 33" class. Next class up is 36.5". 35's are an "in-betweener" & generally lose. So, you want to watch out for stuff like that. You'll want to do some sort of snorkel or shield to keep mud out of the carb/EFI. An electric fan might not be a bad idea - you can turn it off temporarily in the sloppy stuff. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot to building a part-time mud truck. Add a set of Swampers (not Boggers) & you're set to go. Lockers aren't even necessary for competition, although they might come in handy in the Everglades - one in the back anyhow. Keep the weight to a minimum. That'll be a big help.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.