Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an internal engine component over the phone last week from 4WDH and then realized about an hour later that I needed a second external part. They combined both orders to help me save on shipping with no complaints or hesitations. I also requested that they drop ship them to my machine shop in a different town. Both parts were correct, arrived on the day promised, shipped directly to my machine shop, and my CC was billed correctly. GREAT JOB 4Wheel Drive Hardware!!!! (They are rumored to watch our board for those of you who are new.)

When you come to the end of your road, get out and lock the hubs in . . .

G

·
I love their catalog, it's my wish book,and their website is not bad either.I still like to do buisness locally though to support those boys that are trying to make a living at working on jeeps.

TOMMY PARKER

G

·
I've only had one problem with them.. I ordered the steel tube bumpers from them for my YJ.. And the front bumper was bent.. I just put it on.. I didn't care it's a JEEP./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Muddynut
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 78 CJ7 "Issues" /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
They have been good to me.

I'm on here so much, I have carpal tunnel reader syndrone.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
They have done good by me several times, but they wont haggle with prices with me like, 4 wheel parts wholesalers will.

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.

G

·
i agree

i try to buy almost all of my stuff through them when it comes to my Jeep

i stay far away from Q-tec though. i have ordered from them 4 times and 3 times the order was messed up

i think 4WDH and MORE have 2 of the best customer service departments out there

thansk

Boston Mangler
89 YJ With A Bunch Of Goodies
See It At:
http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm originally from Pittsburgh,PA...just right down the road from them. They have been in business for years. I ordered body mounts from them and the metal sleeves were missing. Sent them back, paid me for the shipping, sent me the new ones, all in a very timely manner. I hope they are family owned and they keep going this way forever, that's how long I plan to own my Jeep.

·
Registered
785 Posts
i placed my last order about 6pm on thursday may 17. the parts arrived about 12 noon on SATURDAY. even though i can get some of the parts cheaper elsewhere, i know the quality and service is excellent. i am willing to pay more, knowing i am getting the best. matt

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Four years ago I purchased the wrong gas tank skid plate. It was MY fault... I was stupid enough to order the incorrect part! It was never installed and I was able two and a half years later to send it back, and get full credit. They not only credited what I paid several years earlier... but included the increased price since I'd made the purchase. IMHO, their a class act and will bend over backwards to help the customer.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I like 4wd Hardware a lot. They are certainly convienient to me, about 45 minutes away & its fun to go there & look throught their returns pile for bargains. The only thing that I have found bad is sometimes their backorders can linger forever, and(recently) you don't get much tech support, and they've had a decent amount of turnover in their staff lately. BUT I have yet to find any mail order Jeep parts place that hasn't let me down at some point.

So, 4wd Hardware surfs this board? If I could give them a piece of advise... Quadratec is out there eating their lunch when it comes to web based business, they have a web board & much more of a presence, wway more ads. I think that 4wd Hardware is a favorite to this (off-road.com) crowd, but the newbie Jeepers and JU'ers (and there seem to be a lot of them) buy from Quadratec like crazy.

-Mel

http://www.in2jeeps.com

G

·
A good start for that would be to fix their web site. several dead links. (like the contact us on the product pages).

But they did do a great job, my order came last friday, and the backordered parts came on sat!!

G

·
Re: BTW - A little Q about 4Wheel Drive Hardware

I agree 4WD hardware is the best mail order company out there. I find that they usually have the best prices, but even if they don't, I would rather get it from them, because of the customer service. When I thinking about buying a fiberglass body, I finally setteled on 4WD hardware. To bad I also decided that it was to much to spend for a dedicated trail rig, still using a beat up steel body.

Ray

1 - 16 of 16 Posts