Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about getting a brush guard for my '96 4x4 Hardbody, probably a Smittybilt. My question is, how do they attach to the truck? I know they bolt on, but to what? Do you have to drill any holes in the bumper, or does it only attach to the frame? I guess that's my main concern. Thanks for any help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mine attaches to the frame (where the tow hook mounts) right under the valance panel. Attaches with 4 holes there (aready in place, no drilling). Im not sure on if the smittybuilts attach behind the bumper, but mine (the factory style with winch mount) attaches with two more tabs behind the bumper. There is a plastic insert directly beside the turn signals that pulls out, and it bolts in behind that. As I say, mine is the factory style, might want to check on the smittybuilts! Hope this is of some assistance.

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thump, I have the Smittybuilt brushgaurd/light bar mounted on my vehicle and it mounts pretty much the same as Wade indicated. The down tubes mount at the frame where the tow hook bolts on (had to re-locate the hook to the other side so that it would clear the down tube) Mounting points on the bumper uses the factory mounting points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts