• Really suckz a big one!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am clueless!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
all i see is the banner at the top. the page it self looks a little desrted.
nice format though with the link system.
you can add me to the readers rides, as i have used you info a few times.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is just a test mule for the menu itself. I want to see that everyone can see the drop downs before I spend too much tiem in reformating the website.

I got no problems in adding most all who submit, to the readers rides. More to follow on that one.

G

·
But, blue and pink??

He's havin flashbacks to that Barbie Jeep he must of really liked it.

Looks good though (except the colors)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Worked for me. Like the "layout".
Yep, change them colors. At least the pink.

Suggestion?
"Drivetrain" could be split into different sections.
Engine.
Transmission.
Transfer Case.
Differentials.
Drive Shafts and Axles.
Brakes.

And, how about a "Suspension" section?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THE BLUE AND PINK WERE DEFAULT COLORS AND WILL BE CHANGED!

Planed on doing the drivetrain split. and a couple of more. I figured suspension could go under drivetrain, brakes and axles under the diffs and hadn't thought about driveshafts yet....good point. Suspension will be split into stock and modified. I will try (as I find then) to post write-ups and pics for each brand of lift.

I will try to get the layout of the menu finished this week....the site will take a bit to get the index reworked.

It took me a while to find just the right menu that I wanted. I was actually studying a guys code that had something like what I wanted and was thinking of getting the code pac from him (cost $16) when I followed one of his links to a site that gave me the code for free! I plan on having a Sponsor section to list those people and sites that have been kind to me and donated by giving write-ups, coding or other noteworthy site items. SuperFord will get the number one slot for giving me the web space.

·
Registered
723 Posts
liked the menu very much since i use your site for some of my idea's looks like it will make it easier to find what i'm looking for

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
havack, feel free to steal the balljoint writeup out of my superford site(pics, and written, see sig)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK Blue and pink are gone....a bit more added. Let me know what more to add (dropdown wise). I know I want to put in a BBS dropdown and a Credits page. Might actually put some games in the dropdown (found some cool ones, cheep on space).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Havack, I like it ! Good work

If you're taking suggestions, why not add two more sections. The first labelled Stereo/Interior and second take the codes pulling and stick it under a general heading of " Why won't it start" or "Running Rough?". When I think of all the answers we've given each other, they ought to be lumped together under possible causes to each symptom.

Just a thought

Sixlitre

p.s./
Speaking of interiors "Trucks" on speedvision is supposed to be showing some leather skins we can put onto stock seats instead of the old, torn, stained covers many of us now have. Can't remember if it was a GM or Ford they're going to preview, but I'd bet whatever company they're getting them from will service both brands (if they like money).

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
diggin it! very easy to navigate and doesnt piss me off like many menus do. also it's FAST, it doesnt lag between items like some flash type stuff does... good job!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Hey! Lookin' much better!
I definitely like the "organization" of the pull-downs now.

I know you mentioned it, and I agree.
The text needs to stand out a little better against the pic in the background.

Are you going to have any sort of "search" function?
The engine section:
Big blocks would be Clevelands, Midlands, FE, and 385 series?
Small block would be 302's and 351W's?

BTW,
What's "readers" for? (reader 1, reader 2.....)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will work on things like a search function as soon as I get the site converted.

Engine division will be as you said.

The reader 1/2/3/4 etc is for 'your' pics.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts