Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still on my quest for a longer straighter pitman arm than the YJ one that I have. Ever since putting the waggie 44 up front I have a terrible turning radius. I have searched, but didn't come up with anything specific. What do those of you that have YJs with the waggie 44 use for a pitman arm. I saw a bronco arm that looked pretty long and fairly straight. The waggie arm won't work 'cause the steering arms will be in the way under flex, someone said Astro van, but the one we have it work just looks really funky and weak so I am hesitatnt to go that route. Somebody else I think mentioned a camaro arm, but that was for a CJ. How different are the CJ and YJ boxes. I would like to get this taken care of before my first Rubicon trip this summer. Any help would be appreciated, and in the meantime I will continue to broaden my search of "pitman arms"

TIA

/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif mnt /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

G

·
I just bought a drop pitman for a wagoneer from rosser jeep($53). They said its the same part used for f150's and J10's, sorry I don't have the years handy. Its a 3in drop, which is about equal to the stock yj arm I have, but the length of the waggie arm. The waggie arm is too straight(no drop) if I want to keep the factory yj sway bar. I've talked to others who removed the swaybar and used the factory waggie arm with no problems. I can't comment on how my setup works in the real world because my yj is still under construction. Works great in my garage, but there could be some draglink - tierod interferance when flexed. As far as mounting the waggie arm to the yj steering box, it bolted directly on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts