Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a LockRite to install into my D30 until I build a 44. Anyway I was pulling it (the locker) out of the other carrier (different gear spread) to install into mine and discovered one of the 4 pins was broken. With it put together, the longer piece was the one bridging the gap between the drivers and the spring.
I feel kind of leary about installing it that way even though it has low miles and was working that way before. Am I being overcautious, can I get one pin anywhere? Should I just put the two pieces in the slot with the long side going across the sides?

pbm
74 cj5,304,t18,2.46 ts d20,30f,44r,soa,MORE buggy front,35's,Rci's,5pt,full cage,air,etc.

Support Search and Rescue.......Get Lost! /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

·
Registered
586 Posts
Check the bores where the pins went. If they are not torn up it should be ok. Get new pins directly from Lockright. That's pretty strange.
Pigpen
76 CJ5 360/T18A/Bronco gear D20/D30 big brake disc, locker/D44 big drum working on disc/ factory slip/4inch lift/33's/6000lb winch/All Fiberglass/electric fan/full cage/ appetite for MUD

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Definately replace the pin or pins before reinstalling. That pin breakage is fairly common. I have one in the rear of my AMC 20 and after breaking an axle and replacing it hte rear would not unlock. Took it apart and all four pins were sheared off. Called lockright and they said they would send me 4 pins free of charge. Never did get them. Used drill bits instead and a year and a half later it's still working great. Lock right has held up fine otherwise.

Tim

84 CJ7, 258, HEI, M/C 2100 carb, 5 inch lift, RS9000's, 33x12.5 BFG M/T's, Lockright, full cage & belts, Xenon flares, AMC 20 1pc axles, GM dual diaphragm brake booster

G

·
Common - but I've found they keep working even with the pins broken - weird...

Anyway - use a drill bit just like the other post said - workd great. - Chuck

Chuck Hadley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts