Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My distributor for my 360 swap had a little accident. The plug was broken and in trying to take it out thw magnetic piece inside was broken. If I do the TFI upgrade can I use this distributor. I think I've read all the posts on the upgrade but being that I know zero about dismantling a disitributor thought I'd ask first. Junkyard distributor $65. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Don.....you are OK here. You can buy the trigger mechanism for that distributor for just a few bucks, or trade the whole thing in on a nice, fresh rebuilt distributor for $55 or thereabouts. Ask Kiki to buy a set of distributor springs (Mr Gasket #925D)the next time she goes to the store, and put those in the distributor before you drop it in the hole. Now you will be ready to install the Master Blaster Ford conversion when time and finances permit. Did you get the oiler upgrade pictorial??/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've searched and searched but the only pictorial I can find is an "after" underhood pictorial. Thanks for the info though. Junkyard was trying to rip me off nothing new around here. Go figure their price was 5 bucks above core. Thnks Dave

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif Don....did you get the big envelope from me? I mailed it Wednesday 3/15 from Monterey CA??? It had the ignition upgrade AND an oiler upgrade, plus the book on 304 AMC V8s.???/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif We'll be doing (something) on the A/C in about ten days or so, and I'll get in touch with you and Kiki about which unit we need to get./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man it'll be like Christmas when all that stuff comes in. Didn't get it today hope to see it soon though. Dave I can't thank you enough and everyone else for the help I've received here. If you're still interested in that A/C maybe I could talk him down a little. Thanks again

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
CJ Dave is correct.
Advanced Auto has rebuilt distributors for $45 with exchange.

If I'm getting it right, you broke the magnetic pickup on the advance plate inside the distributor housing it's self...

You have to;
Take the screw out holding the wiring in place,
Drop the vacuum advance, (careful not to loose the little 'C' clip)
Take the Reluctor off, you will need a small gear puller for this,
Take off the little wire 'C' clip out of the groove just above the advance plate collar,

Replace with your new advance plate, and reverse instructions to reassemble.

If you need pictures, let me know...

Hope this helps.
Aaron.

I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.