Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like my rear driver side break is leaking/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif. I had a mechanic bleed them for me and I think he might have broken the bleeder screw. Damn mechanics/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif, they break more then they fix, the only thing they do very well is write up the bill/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif. Anyway, sorry for the tirade. I looked under the break fluid reservoir for the master cylinder and there isn't one/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif. The break lines go from the reservoir to the drums (I haven't looked under the cab yet so it may be there). It might have had work done on it before I bought it. Any words of wisdom before I get into this over the weekend?/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
Thanks/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

'83 CJ7 258 i6 31x10.5 3in. lift?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Check the hoses too! they can crack and leak when worked on. Inside the wheel drum is a cylinder for the brakes too - the seals on it can go bad and it would need to be replaced. Rear drum brakes are easy to work on - most parts stores have rebuild kits to replace the wornout parts. Also, just a simple check before you start . . . is the bleeder valve closed all the way?

Keep on Jeepin'
Scott

·
Registered
536 Posts
why did the mechanic have to bleed the system? if the bleeder screw is broken(take a look, it is visible from outside) bring it back to the garage in question and tell them to fix it.

just as an aside, if these people did let your jeep out of their shop with a bleeder screw broken(presumably by them), i would never go back to that garage as that is just plain dangerous.

jimbo

'74 CJ5,232 I6,T15,Dana 30&44

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.