Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Brazil and own a '76 Brazilian-made Jeep. From what I've been able to gather, it's (mostly) a CJ5, but the engine (an in-line 6) was made by Ford in Brazil. Is anyone familiar with this flavor of Jeep? Specifically, I need to replace the oil pump which I haven't been able to find locally (not unusual for someone who lives in the Amazon Rain Forest) I would also like to know if regular CJ5 accessories will work on this vehicle. Any help would be appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you know what size the engine is? If you could take a picture and scan we might be able to find out what motor it is on our side. I know Ford made a popular 300 CI I-6 here.
Aaron

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
If I remember my Jeep history correctly, Ford bought Willys Brasil years ago and modified all the models that Willys Brasil made. The Brazilian Jeeps are unique to Brazil. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Hey Max,

please give us some pictires of the JEEP so we can check out the similaritys and differences between yours and ours..

and in the process of sharing, your sure to find out what the engine is and where to find parts for it..

OzarkJeep
77 CJ5, in a bunch of sanded and primered pieces

1 - 4 of 4 Posts