Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately i have been having problems with my brakes. they are REALLY spungy all the time changes the Master Cyl had the brakes done worked GREAT then about 2 weks pass and i am back the way i was...anyone put any upgraded rotors/pads and braded lines on there path...anyway to upgrade the rear drums at all...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Try using a proportioning valve, or a bigger master cylinder? I used one from a Dodge it's about twice the size of the little Nissan one and it's worked great.

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got the powerstop crossdrilled front rotors, and love em! Im going to steel braided lines this winter at some point. I have the same problem you do with spongy pedal. Truck still stops fine, but doesnt have the brake pedal feel I want. Im hoping the lines will help this somewhat. What model master cylinder did you use chris? (out of what dodge vehicle?) Was this a straight swap, or were there other neccessary modifications?

Happy Trails
Wade

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll check out the part No. and get back to you, it's been awhile so I can't remember if it was from a Ram or a Dakota, but it bolted right-up no problem.

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Part No. 23805-T for the top, and 23805-B for the Bottom, sorry but I can remember if it was from a Ram or a Dakota like I said it's been about a year and a half or so. Call up a dodge dealer or parts store they should be able to cross-reference the part No.'s. I just hope the No's aren't different in the US???
Hope this helps!

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to ask you earlier, do you not find that the cross-drilled rotors tend to clogg-up with mud etc. I was thinking about getting a set of the Bare racing drilled rotors, but most of the guy's I taked to said they were great on the street but not so good for off-roading? I'm interested to hear your experiences with these!

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris,
They do rather well, the holes are really not that large, so even if they did trap a little mud, they still work fine. I havent done much four wheeling since I got them put in a few months back, but the last time i went it was muddy, and they did great. Thanks alot for getting me those part #s. I might check into that at some point. You ever find any dual t-case setups for yours yet? Would love to see a pic of yours with the 35's too..drop me an email at [email protected] Thanks man, take it easy

Happy Trails
Wade

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info, I was always curious about those rotors? Nope nothing on the dual case yet I've had to put it on the back burner for awhile so I can finish some other projects. I have the tires, just need to trim the fenders a bit, so I can wheel with them. They fit fine for the street, but not for wheeling just yet. I don't need to trim much, but then again there ain't much to trim as you well know. I should be heading down to Walker Valley in the next week or so to test the new treads and I'll try to get a picture for ya.
Have a good one!

Chris J.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts