Off Roading Forums banner

Brake lines, will this work??

869 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Here is my question...anyone who follows this board know I am going SOA with a Dana 44 front from an 86 Wagoneer, and a Dana 44 rear from a Scout II...question is for the front brake lines can I just order YJ lines and then find(or machine) an adapter fitting to go from the brakeline to the caliper?? If not what have other people used for brake lines when doing a conversion?? I know the front calipers have a standard Chevy fitting.....I am basically just looking for ideas. Thanks

absolutjeep
http://members.tripod.com/iluvjeeps

G
#3 ·
Try a set of brake lines for a 1985 2wd 3/4 chevy suburban. They are longer and I think they are the same thread as the wagoneer and CJ brake lines. At least it is something to check into.

#4 ·
i'm using aftermarket steel braided lines made for a YJ and they just happened to fit perfectly into my old dana 44 drum brake wheel cylinders. (try taking your factory YJ brake lines and see if they fit your 44's calipers, if they do, aftermarket steel braided extended lines designed for a your YJ will also work/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif.)

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

#5 ·
My brother in law works at a local NAPA, so one day we looked through the catalogs for some extended brake lines for my Scrambler. I have 2" body lift, 5" suspension lift, swapped in Scout II Dana 44's F/R (full length), am running 33" Swampers and will go to 38" Boggers after the 350 installation next year (hopefully). I didn't want to go with the "fits 4" lift" lines because that's all they fit and I've seen them pull apart (braided stainless ones especially). We found some, I don't know what they fit, but they're 36" long and regular (OEM) rubber ones. The holes weren't the right size, so we drilled them out on a press and deburred them. They work great and I have never had any problems. I did have a problem with a caliper, and it's nice to be able to unbolt the caliper and place it on the fender, with the line still attached. The rear one I bought for an early 80's F-series truck, it was 6" longer than stock and also works great. The only problem I had with the front lines was routing them so the tires didn't catch or have them get snagged on brush.

I hope this helps and happy wheeling!

JEEPN
'47/'51/'71/'81/'97

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.