Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People!!

Need some help. Lights are out on my 94 k1500. Checked the fuse, it's fine. Where is the switch??? I don't wanna mess with the bulbs until I know the status of the switch. None of the lights come on, which makes me believe the switch is the culprit. Thanks ahead of time for all info.

Rhino

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
there's a recall on the brake light switch... mine got fixed at the dealer for free /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif the switch its attached to the upper arm of the brake pedal. you can buy the switch and install it yourself.

Shorts <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shorts!

You rock! What years does the recall apply to? I have a friend with a 96 same problem. Thanks again.

Rhino

·
Registered
805 Posts
I know for sure that the 94's are covered in the recall. I replaced mine about 2 weeks before I found out about the recall. I took it to the dealer anyway and now I have a spare.

1994 Z71 350, Xcab, Sportside, 285/75/16 BFG AT. Trailmaster 4" lift

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
from what i know, for sure the '94s...not sure about the other years, but maybe so. the dealer will run your VIN# and see if its on the list, then they should take the truck to the back and fix it pretty quick.

Shorts <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they changed mine while checking what fryed in my speedometer thing (i fryed it) when i went back to get the results they said it was a speed sensor buffer or something and by the way there was a recal on the brake switch, we replaced it too.

Will work for mods
Current mods--> 31x10.5x15 ProComp MT, 15x8 AR767 rims, K&N, MSD Ignition Coil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.